Plenty of sportsbooks have installed Jake Paul as the favorite ahead of his rematch fight against Tyron Woodley on Saturday night — and for good reason.
The 24-year-old has already shown that he is capable of defeating the former UFC welterweight champion, as he handed him a split-decision loss back in August. He also holds a few advantages over Woodley, including height, reach and overall boxing experience.
However, Woodley was able to land some significant punches on Paul in his first professional boxing match. After reviewing that bout, Woodley is confident that he will emerge victorious this time around.
MORE: “I could become the next Muhammad Ali” — Jake Paul
Will Paul keep his perfect record intact? Or can Woodley hand the social media star his first professional loss? Here’s a closer look at the latest odds for the Paul vs. Woodley fight.
(All betting odds courtesy of FanDuel)
Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley 2 odds
- Jake Paul: -215
- Tyron Woodley: +162
Paul is a -215 favorite heading into his fight against Woodley. That means a bettor would have to wager $215 on Paul in order to earn $100.
Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley 2 prop bets
Method of victory
- Jake Paul points or decision: +125
- Jake Paul (T)KO: +230
- Draw: +1400
- Tyron Woodley points or decision: +750
- Tyron Woodley (T)KO: +330
Betting by round
- Jake Paul to win Round 1: +2800
- Jake Paul to win Round 2: +2400
- Jake Paul to win Round 3: +2000
- Jake Paul to win Round 4: +2000
- Jake Paul to win Round 5: +1800
- Jake Paul to win Round 6: +1800
- Jake Paul to win Round 7: +2200
- Jake Paul to win Round 8: +3100
- Draw: +1600
- Tyron Woodley to win Round 1: +2900
- Tyron Woodley to win Round 2: +2700
- Tyron Woodley to win Round 3: +2500
- Tyron Woodley to win Round 4: +2700
- Tyron Woodley to win Round 5: +2700
- Tyron Woodley to win Round 6: +3000
- Tyron Woodley to win Round 7: +3200
- Tyron Woodley to win Round 8: +3500
What round will the fight end?
- Round 1: +1400
- Round 2: +1200
- Round 3: +1100
- Round 4: +1100
- Round 5: +1000
- Round 6: +1100
- Round 7: +1300
- Round 8: +1700
Will both fighters be knocked down?
To be knocked down
- Jake Paul: +158
- Tyron Woodley: +126
To be knocked down and win
- Jake Paul: +500
- Tyron Woodley: +1100
Jake Paul record, bio
- Nationality: American
- Age: 24
- Height: 6-1
- Weight: 191.4 pounds
- Reach: 76 inches
- Total fights: Four
- Record: 4-0 with 3 KOs
Tyron Woodley record, bio
- Nationality: American
- Age: 39
- Height: 5-9
- Weight: 189.6 pounds
- Reach: 74 inches
- Total fights: One
- Record: 0-1 with 0 KOs
Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley 2 fight card
- Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley, cruiserweight (eight rounds)
- Amanda Serrano vs. Miriam Gutierrez, lightweight (10 rounds)
- Deron Williams vs. Frank Gore, heavyweight (four rounds)
- Liam Paro vs. Yomar Alamo, junior welterweight (10 rounds)
MORE: Why did Tommy Fury pull out of Jake Paul fight?
Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley 2 prediction
There is no doubt that Woodley packs more power than any other opponent Paul has faced in his career. In the fourth round of the August fight, Woodley caught Paul with a shot that sent him backpedaling into the ropes. The threat of a Woodley knockout blow is real.
Still, Paul is the pick here. He had been preparing to battle Tommy Fury before he before he pulled out of the bout because of a medical issue, so Paul is clearly in fighting shape. Woodley took the rematch on short notice, and he is already at a disadvantage for the reasons listed above.
Look for Paul to shut the door in one of the later rounds.
The Sporting News’ pick: Paul by (T)KO in Round 6