LAL vs BKN Dream11: COVID-19 has rendered the job of writing articles trickier and with the raging pandemic, the lineups of different teams are a trainwreck. Really, I can’t emphasize how frustrating it is to see so many players go down and games being postponed. The Brooklyn Nets who will play here have seen three games postponed in a row!
Anyway, in not-so-Merry-Christmas for the NBA, the Los Angeles Lakers will host the Brooklyn Nets. While the Lakers are missing their star big Forward Anthony Davis, the Brooklyn Nets play most likely without their ace Kevin Durant. Still, the team has gotten back James Harden after a two-week absence and sits at the top of the Eastern Conference with 21 wins and just 9 losses.
Lakers have been playing some shoddy basketball this season, they have lost four in a row, the last three being one-sided games, where the team looked down and out before the third quarter ended. While LeBron has continued to tinker with history, surely, wins are what he is all about!
The Nets have had a contrasting season to the Lakers and one of the reasons has been that they are a much better defensive team than the LA outfit. With Harden back after a two-week absence, the Nets can still give enough trouble to the Lakers team which is in huge need of a spark.
Host: Los Angeles Lakers
Visitors: Brooklyn Nets
Match Timing: 24 December, @ 08:30 AM
Venue: Staples Center
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Lakers: Frustrating their fans
LA Lakers have been by far the most underwhelming team this season because they have enough ammo to notch wins. They have not shown the determination to play quality defense on a nightly basis and with Anthony Davis gone for more than three weeks, I don’t know how they will play better at that end. Yes, the team acquired Isaiah Thomas, but if he isn’t shooting well, he is not going to help the cause with his sub-par defense. The Lakers signed Darren Collision and Stanley Johnson, the former is coming out of retirement while the latter is a fallen young player who can at least provide some youth to this aging lineup.
Nets: Durant has been huge for them
Kevin Durant has willed his Nets to multiple wins this season, even scoring as high as 51 points. With him gone, there is no doubt that the team loses the edge on both ends of the floor. Still, there is James Harden, who despite his shooting struggles this season, can provide stellar playmaking and keep multiple defenders busy. The team has found some inspiring play in youngsters Cam Thomas, David Duke Jr., and Kessler Edwards. Meanwhile, with Bembry and Nic Claxton back, the team will have some more experience and grit on the defensive end.
LA Lakers | Brooklyn Nets
Games: 33| 30
Wins: 16| 21
Defeats: 17| 09
LA Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Los Angeles Lakers Team News
- Anthony Davis is OUT for the game and will remain out for a month or so
- Kendrick Nunn is OUT For the match and without a timetable to return.
- LeBron James is PROBABLE for this tilt.
- Trevor Ariza is PROBABLE for this contest.
- Austin Reeves, Avery Bradley, Kent Bazemore, Malik Monk are in COVID-19 protocols.
Lakers Expected Starting Five
Point Forward: SF: LeBron James
Middle: C: Deandre Jordan
Guards: SG: Wayne Ellington PG: Talen Horton-Tucker PG: Russell Westbrook
BENCH: Carmelo Anthony, Rajon Rondo, Isaiah Thomas, Mason Jones, Jemerrio Jones, Trevor Ariza, Jay Huff, Sekou Doumbouya.
Brooklyn Nets Team News
- Bruce Brown is OUT for the game.
- Kevin Durant is OUT for the game.
- LaMarcus Aldridge is OUT for the game.
- Paul Millsap is OUT for the game.
- Jevon Carter is OUT for the game.
- James Johnson is OUT for the game.
- Joe Harris is OUT for the game.
- Kyrie Irving is OUT for the game
Nets Expected Starting Five
Wing: SF: Cam Thomas
Middle: PF: Blake Griffin C: Nic Claxton
Guards: SG: Patty Mills PG: James Harden
BENCH: Kessler Edwards, Day’Ron Sharpe, David Duke Jr., Langson Galloway, Shaquille Harrison, Wenyen Gabriel, James Ennis III.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
The Superstar Guard has averaged around 21 points, 8 rebounds, and 10 assists this season. He returns after 10+ days of absence.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 46-64
LeBron James (LAL )
James continues to put up superb scoring numbers and he has been hungry on the offensive end despite the Lakers’ underwhelming season. James has lodged 31 or more in three straight games while getting hold of 6-9 assists and & 7+ rebounds a game regularly. He can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 50-67
David Duke Jr(BKN)
David Duke had a big game last time he stepped on the floor. Don’t know if you can expect 18 points-14 rebounds regularly from him though especially when Harden is back.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 24-36
Russell Westbrook(LAL )
Westbrook has not exactly been playing poorly on the offensive and many guards will envy his 20+ points average this season. The guard’s assists and rebounds numbers are down compared to earlier season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 41-57
Talen Horton-Tucker(LAL )
Talen hasn’t exactly asserted his will this season but still, with Lakers’ options running out, he is a crucial part of the setup. The guard has scored 10 or more in four of the last five games.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 22-30
Mills has been a key player for the Nets this season who brings dynamic scoring. He can score in the 15-20 points range even with Harden back in the mix.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 31-43
LAL vs BKN DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Blake Griffin(BKN) had 17 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals in the last game. He fell out of the rotation but has played well after being hurled back into the lineup.
- Cam Thomas(BKN) had 15 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 1 steal in the last game. Don’t know what to expect from him, depends upon the minutes he gets.
- Dwight Howard(LAL ) had 4 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks in the last game. Dwight has lodged similar numbers all season long.
- Kessler Edwards (BKN) had 9 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks in the last game. Let us see how many minutes he gets!
- Wayne Ellington(LAL) had 7 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. Ellington has been hovering in the 3-7 points range this season.
- Carmelo Anthony(LAL ) had 9 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal in the last game. His production has taken a hit recently, scoring down from 17-25 points to 9-15 points range.
- Isaiah Thomas(LAL ) had 2 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block in the last game. After scoring 13, 19 in the first two games since his return, he has shot poorly.
LAL vs BKN Dream11 Team
Lineup to be updated soon
(Lineup will be updated before the game too)
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
Even though the Christmas fixture between the Lakers and Nets have been dampened with the absence of Durant and Davis, you can still watch superstars LeBron James and James Harden here! For Indiana television viewers, VH1 and MTV present a chance to catch the game. For the streaming enthusiasts, Voot and Jio TV are rendering the services. For the scorecards, you can visit the official website of the NBA. Merry Christmas!