LAL vs PHX Dream11: COVID-19 is challenging the NBA head-on but the league has kept afloat somehow. One of the teams that will play here in Los Angeles Lakers has had to deal with both injuries and COVID-19 alike, missing at least half of their key rotation players. They will meet a buoyed Phoenix Suns who have made winning their habit and have the best record in the league, winning 24 and losing just five games.
Lakers will be without Anthony Davis around for a month, with him the team loses a lot of scoring, rebounding, and defense. Still, with LeBron and Westbrook around, the offensive flow can keep going as Isaiah, Carmelo, Ariza, Ellington, Rondo, and Deandre Jordan will have to respond big-time.
Suns have built a solid core and they are one of the deepest teams in the league at almost all positions. Phoenix can play multiple styles of basketball and with Chris Paul at their major ball handler, the team can wreak havoc. Phoenix can also play tough defense and is surely one of the title favorites.
Host: Los Angeles Lakers
Visitors: Phoenix Suns
Match Timing: 22 December, @ 08:30 AM
Venue: Staples Center
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Lakers: Fix that defense!
Lakers’ defense is one of the worst in the league, at times multiple players miss their assignment but for me, one of the most perplexing issues has been their rebounding. The team gets outhustled quite a bit and even if there is a disciplined defensive possession, the advantage is wasted when the opposition goes big on the offensive boards. Lakers can produce offense with James and Westbrook around but their defense, especially against elite offensive teams has let them down and holds them back, whether they have been healthy or hit with injuries. If the defense continues like this then the Lakers will have their backs on the wall.
Suns: Their depth is just scary
Phoenix is deep, like really deep! Even with their leading-scorer Booker out, they won most of their games, and Suns’ scoring balance during many nights can make most teams in the league envious. With Paul as the major ball handler, Booker as the iso scorer and off-the-ball scorer, two solid two-way wings in Crowder and Bridges plus a sturdy 15+ and 10+ rebounds Center Deandre Ayton, the bench is packed with two talented guards in Shamet and Payne, along with a wing like Cameron Johnson and a points and rebounds machine in JaVale McGee. There can’t be enough said about this team’s depth, they have nine players who can score 10 or more on the same night!
LA Lakers | Phoenix Suns
Games: 31| 29
Wins: 16| 24
Defeats: 15| 05
Phoenix Suns vs LA Lakers NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Phoenix Suns Team News
- Dario Saric will not play in the game and will be OUT for the long term.
- Frank Kaminsky is OUT for the game.
- Devin Booker is back for this game and will play.
Suns Expected Starting Five
Wings: PF: Jae Crowder SF: Mikal Bridges
Middle: C: Deandre Ayton
Guards: SG: Devin Booker PG: Chris Paul
Bench: Cameron Johnson, Landry ShametCameron Payne, JaVale McGee, Ismail Wainright, Elfrid Payton, Abdul Nader, Jalen Smith.
Los Angeles Lakers Team News
- Anthony Davis is QUESTIONABLE for this match.
- Kendrick Nunn is OUT For the match and without a timetable to return.
- Talen Horton Tucker, Austin Reeves, Avery Bradley, Kent Bazemore, Malik Monk, and Dwight Howard are in COVID-19 protocols.
Lakers Expected Starting Five
Point Forward: SF: LeBron James
Frontline: PF/C: Anthony Davis
Guards: SG: Wayne Ellington, PG: Isaiah Thomas PG: Russell Westbrook
BENCH: Wayne Ellington, Deandre Jordan, Kent Bazemore, Carmelo Anthony, Rajon Rondo, Malik Monk, Jay Huff, Sekou Doumbouya.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Chris Paul (PHX)
Chris Paul is perhaps the best passer of this generation and he figures number three in the all-time assists leaders list. The Guard leads the league in assists this season and has scored in the 12-20 points range. He can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-44
LeBron James (LAL )
LeBron has drunk from the NBA Fountain of Youth but no, it is more about his work ethic and hunger to win basketball games that keep him going. The Wing has wreaked havoc once again, lodging 30+ points, 10+ rebounds, and 5+ assists on a game-to-game basis this month.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 50-62
Ayton has become a nightly points-rebounds double-double threat and has continued to dominate opposing Centers. He has scored in the 15-20 points range and has grabbed 10-16 rebounds constantly this season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 33-47
Russell Westbrook(LAL )
His triple-double frequency has gone a *bit* down but he still remains an all-around threat. Westbrook has been shooting well but he commits more than 5 turnovers way too much which can impact the offense and defense.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 33-49
Carmelo Anthony(LAL )
Melo’s role has increased amidst so many injuries and as a stretch-four, he will need to knock down jumpers. The Forward has usually scored in the 13-16 points range this month.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 25-36
Booker forms a scary backcourt pairing along with Chris Paul and he can score in bunches. He returned from an injury in the last game and prior to that he was lodging 30+ points nights.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 31-43
LAL vs PHX DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Isaiah Thomas (LAL ) had 13 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. Has scored in the 13-19 points range since his season debut just a few days ago.
- Javale McGee (PHX) had 19 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 1 steal in the last game. He has been lodging big numbers this month.
- Cameron Johnson (PHX) had 12 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. Scores 11-15 points a game usually
- Deandre Jordan (LAL ) had 9 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block in the last game. Fell out of the rotation but playing with Howard out.
- Jae Crowder (PHX) had 14 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block in the last game. He has been scoring ten and more quite a bit recently.
- Wayne Ellington (LAL) had 6 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal in the last game. Expect similar numbers more often than not.
- Mikal Bridges (PHX) had 16 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists in the last game. Scores in the 12-17 points range and can get big on steals at times.
- Rajon Rondo(LAL ) had 5 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block in the last game. Perhaps he will lodge similar numbers.
- Landry Shamet(PHX) had 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. Can score 10+ regularly.
- Cameron Payne(PHX) had 11 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, 1 block in the last game. Reliable scorer and playmaker. The Suns are just too deep.
LAL vs PHX Dream11 Team
Lineup will be inserted later. Check the statlines and descriptions above for an overall picture.
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
Wondering what moves LeBron is pulling? How Ayton is blocking the shots? Want to witness the glorious action of the NBA? Well, catch it on the NBA League Pass, which is a straightforward method, pay for an annual subscription or pay of the specific game you want to watch. Since Sony Liv and Sony Six are not broadcasting or streaming the games anymore, that is one option. Get the scorecard on the official website of the NBA.