LAL vs SAS Dream11: COVID-19 has swept like an unholy wave over the world and our NBA world has also been swept by it. Still, the league has somehow continued to produce games and despite the pitfalls of the health & safety protocols, the signings of replacement players have helped out various teams to continue playing.
Anyway, in this game, the Los Angeles Lakers host the San Antonio Spurs in a classical Western Conference tussle. Lakers have 16 wins and 16 losses and are on a three-game losing streak. Meanwhile, the Spurs have six more losses than their 12 wins.
Lakers have lost three in a row because they have not been hustling up and down the floor on a regular basis. The team gets massively outrebounded during numerous occasions and then there have been some offensive irregularities as scorers like Monk have gone missing.
Spurs have been playing some high-quality basketball despite their record. They have the luxury of having two Point Guards who can orchestrate the offense efficiently. San Antonio can shoot from outside, deploy inside scoring, and score in numerous other ways. They are a high-scoring outfit.
Host: Los Angeles Lakers
Visitors: San Antonio Spurs
Match Timing: 24 December, @ 08:30 AM
Venue: Staples Center
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Lakers: They have the pieces, they need to hustle harder
Lakers defense is exposed in many ways, sometimes they give up too many offensive rebounds, sometimes they turn the ball over, and what does that mean? Extra possessions for the opponents and lesser possessions for the team itself. LA Lakers have received 30+ points from LeBron, 20+ from Westbrook but Thomas and Horton-Tucker combined for below 10% shooting in the last game, which was the downfall of the team. Isaiah Thomas can be an isolation threat but if the defense is fixed and the rebounding is better then the Lakers can right the ship before it is too late. Lakers need to hustle harder, I will keep saying it.
Spurs: Scoring clinic, watered-down defense
Spurs have eight players who can score 10 or more during most of the games. With Murray and White, you get a combined 35-45 points regularly, Keldon, McDermott, and Poeltl can combine for 45-53 points, Vassell, Lonnie Walker, and Forbes can extract 20+ each night and there is no wonder, the Spurs are averaging more than 110 points. What is the key here? Three excellent passers in White, Murray, and Poeltl who can spot the open player and dial in from distance. However, their defense is a work-in-progress and they can end up leaking too many scoring opportunities.
LA Lakers | San Antonio Spurs
Games: 32| 30
Wins: 16| 12
Defeats: 16| 18
LA Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Los Angeles Lakers Team News
- Anthony Davis is OUT for the game and will remain out for a month or so
- Kendrick Nunn is OUT For the match and without a timetable to return.
- LeBron James is PROBABLE for this tilt.
- Trevor Ariza is PROBABLE for this contest.
- Austin Reeves, Avery Bradley, Kent Bazemore, Malik Monk are in COVID-19 protocols.
Lakers Expected Starting Five
Point Forward: SF: LeBron James
Middle: C: Deandre Jordan
Guards: SG: Wayne Ellington PG: Talen Horton-Tucker PG: Russell Westbrook
BENCH: Carmelo Anthony, Rajon Rondo, Isaiah Thomas, Mason Jones, Jemerrio Jones, Trevor Ariza, Jay Huff, Sekou Doumbouya.
San Antonio Spurs Team News
- Zach Collins is OUT for the game and without a timetable to return
Spurs Expected Starting Five
Wings: PF: Keldon Johnson SF: Doug McDermott
Middle: C: Jakob Poeltl
Guards: SG: Derrick White PG: DeJounte Murray
BENCH MAIN ROTATIONS: Tre Jones, Lonnie Walker IV, Devin Vassell, Keita Bates-Diop Drew Eubanks, Bryn Forbes, Thaddeus Young.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Murray leads all guards in triple-doubles and he has channelized his game in a wonderful direction long-term. Murray has compiled 20-22 points, 8-14 rebounds, and 7-13 assists a game consistently this season. He can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 46-64
LeBron James (LAL )
Although his team has been struggling this season, LeBron has been a force on the scoring, rebounding, and playmaking end(No surprises). LeBron has scored 30 or more in most of the games this month.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 50-62
White has played some inspiring basketball lately and he has raised the bar as the second Point Guard in the team. White has continually scored in the 15-25 points range and has dished 4-8 assists a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 33-47
Russell Westbrook(LAL )
Westbrook’s shooting efficiency has been on the up but he continues to play out of control, turning it over more than 5 times or more a game again and again. Russell can chip in with 20-25 points, 8-12 rebounds, and 5-12 assists a game regularly.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 41-57
Carmelo Anthony(LAL )
Carmelo had just seven points in the last game because he was ejected before the third quarter ended. With a short-handed lineup, a 15-20 points range can be expected.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 22-30
What can you get from Jakob? Top-notch inside scoring, tough rebounding, and also serviceable passing from the middle. Jakob has usually figured in the 10-15 points, 8-12 rebounds, and 3-6 assists a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 31-43
LAL vs SAS DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Trevor Ariza (LAL ) had 12 points, 5 rebounds in the last game. Just has played two games so far.
- Keldon Johnson (SAS) had 12 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal in the last game. The big Forward has improved his rebounding range from 4-6 to 6-12 recently.
- Doug McDermott (SAS) had 16points, 2 assists in the last game. Has usually scored in the 13-16 points range
- Deandre Jordan (LAL ) had 1 point, 8 rebounds, 1 steal in the last game. Fell out of the rotation but playing with Howard out.
- Devin Vassell (SAS) had 6 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block in the last game. He has been dipping around 10 or more points continually.
- Isaiah Thomas(LAL) had 3 points, 3 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal in the last game. Has scored 13 or more in two of the last three games but shot just 1/11 from the field in the last game.
- Bryn Forbes(SAS) had 10 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists in the last game. Has been getting decent minutes lately.
- Talen Horton Tucker(LAL ) had 3 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. Shot below 10% in the last game. Usually scores in the 9-15 points range.
- Lonnie Walker IV(SAS) had 6 points, 2 rebounds in the last game. He has stacked some games with 15 points or more too but yes up-and-down scoring-wise.
- Wayne Ellington(LAL ) had 3 points, 2 rebounds, 1 steal in the last game. Wayne’s scoring has been down a bit.
LAL vs SAS Dream11 Team
PG: I Thomas, D Murray(SP), B Forbes
SG: W Ellington, D White
SF: L James(PP)
PF: C Anthony
C: J Poeltl
(Lineup will be updated before the game too)
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
Want to catch the glorious NBA action? Check out the NBA League Pass which has the option for annual subscription or pay for a specific game. Since Sony Liv or Sony Six are not going to broadcast the game, the League Pass becomes an option. For scores, stats, injuries, and schedule, go to the Official Website of the NBA.