MEM vs POR Dream11: COVID-19 has swept aside team plans like a roaring tide but some teams still have a semblance of their core left. Two of those teams in Memphis Grizzlies and Portland Trail Blazers will meet here for a typical Western Conference match-up. The Grizzlies have been one of the hottest teams this month as they are 8 games above the 50% win mark meanwhile Portland has only won one game all month long and has lost 18 of their 30 games so far.
Grizzlies have unlocked the elite versions of many players ever since Ja Morant has been down. Memphis is a feisty unit and their ability to erase deficits make them a threatening presence. However, how will the rotations look once Ja Morant returns?
Trail Blazers have been disappointing since last season. The biggest reason for them struggling so much has been defensive insufficiencies and most of their players have seen various statistics come down compared to last season. Is there any saving this Portland season?
Host: Memphis Grizzlies
Visitors: Portland Trail Blazers
Match Timing: 20 December, @ 04:30 AM
Venue: Fed Ex Forum
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Grizzlies: They have been inspirational
Memphis have been playing their best basketball this month and that is after missing their superstar Ja Morant. The team has seen 20+ nights time and time again from Brooks, Bane, and Jaren Jackson. The defense has seized the momentum by forcing multiple missed shots while with the new-look offense, the team has figured out multiple shot creators. The current Grizzlies run of 10 wins and two losses without Ja can be attributed to two major factors, a much improved defense and ability to fight back despite trailing.
Trail Blazers: Time can run out soon
Trail Blazers have played underwhelming basketball all season long and are among the most vulnerable teams. Portland won their only game of the month so far when they beat the Hornets but overall, wins have been hard to come by. The team can’t even take an excuse of injury because the Trail Blazers were faltering even when they were healthier. Portland can trade some of its players and I tell you what, this team has a ton of versatile players, and they may fetch great exchanges. Will Portland make some moves soon? I do think so…
Portland Trail Blazers | Memphis Grizzlies
Games: 30| 30
Wins: 12| 19
Defeats: 18| 11
Portland Trail Blazers vs NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Portland Trailblazers Team News
- CJ McCollum is OUT for the game and can be out indefinitely due to a serious lung issue.
- Nasir Little is QUESTIONABLE for the game
Trailblazers Expected Starting Five
Wings: PF: Larry Nance Jr. SF: Norman Powell SF: Nasir Little
Middle: C: Jusuf Nurkic
Guards: PG: Damian Lillard
BENCH: Anfernee Simons, Tony Snell, Ben Mclemore, Robert Covington, CJ Elleby, Keljin Blevins, Greg Brown III, Cody Zeller.
Memphis Grizzlies News
- Ja Morant is OUT and will miss a significant chunk of time
- Sam Merrill is OUT but will return soon.
- Santi Aldama is OUT for the game.
- Brandon Clarke is OUT for the game.
- Zaire Williams is OUT for the game
Grizzlies Expected Starting Five
Frontline: PF: Jaren Jackson Jr. C: Steven Adams
Guards: SF: Dillon Brooks, SG: Desmond Bane, PG: Tyus Jones
BENCH: Jarrett Culver, Xavier Tillman, John Konchar, DeAnthony Melton, Kyle Anderson, Yves Pons, Killian Tillie.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Jaren Jackson Jr.(MEM)
Jaren has upped his game with Morant out and he has kept the offense going for his squad. The Forward has figured in the 21-25 points range also blocking 1-2 block shots. He can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-44
Damian Lillard (POR )
Damian Lillard has been leading the Trail Blazers in points per game and despite his average being 7-8 points less than last season, you can bank on him to deliver at least 20 points a game. Dame had his season-high in the last game, scoring 40+ for the time this season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 40-50
Brooks showed his big-time scoring skills last season and has now just extended his offensive influence further with Morant absent from the scene. He has scored in the 22-25 points range in the last four games.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 29-40
Powell is a reliable scoring option at the wing who has been among the few Portland players to lodge some consistency. Although he scored 14 in the last game, the Wing can lodge between 18-25 points regularly without CJ in the picture.
Desmond has been scoring at a high clip and his long-distance shooting has shaken opposition defenders. The 23-year old has scored in the 19-25 points range in the last five games.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 20-33
Nurkic’s scoring has been down for most parts of the season as his scoring range has decreased from 13-18 to 8-13 points these days. Still, he can gather rebounds and dish assists but is having nowhere near the season he had in the 2020-21 window.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 21-33
MEM vs POR DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Robert Covington(POR ) had 7 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks in the last game. Reliable option because he is getting a ton of steals/blocks these days.
- Steven Adams(MEM) had 5 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal in the last game. He has grabbed 12 or more rebounds in three of the last five games.
- Ben Mclemore(POR ) had 28 points, 2 rebounds, 2 steals in the last game. Usually doesn’t score this much but has scored 15, 28 in the last two games
- Tyus Jones(MEM) had 14 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal in the last game. Scoring range: 12-14. Assists range: 4-8.
- Larry Nance Jr(POR ) had 10 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game.
- DeAnthony Melton(MEM) had 19 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals in the last game. 11-15 points range but can score under 10 too in around half of the games.
- Nasir Little(POR ) had 3 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks, 1 steal in the last game.
- Kyle Anderson(MEM) had 6 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists in the last game. Has been a reliable fantasy option these days. All-around chops.
- Anfernee Simmons(POR ) had 8 points, 2 assists in the last game. Hovers in this range mostly.
MEM vs POR Dream11 Team
PG: D Lillard(SP)
SG: D Melton, D Bane
SF: D Brooks, N Powell
PF: R Covington, J Jackson(PP)
C: S Adams
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
Now that the Sony Liv, Star Sports, and Sony Six are no longer broadcasting the NBA Regular Season Games on the television, or their streaming platforms, the best way to catch the action can be the NBA League Pass. You can avail of the annual subscription or pay for the specific game you want to watch. To follow the score, visit the official website of the NBA.