NOP vs POR Dream11: In the blurry world of COVID-19, the NBA has somehow kept itself composed. Now, the teams have been allowed to sign a replacement player for every two COVID-19 hit players. Now let us talk about this game where the New Orleans Pelicans host the Portland Trail Blazers. Both teams are way below the 50% win mark and are still looking to attain some rhythm.
Pelicans had their last game against the Sixers postponed. The team has played without star Zion Williamson who is slated to be out for a couple of months more at least. Still, with Valanciunas, Hart, Ingram, Graham, Alexander-Walker, Jones, and Hernangomez, the team has remained competitive.
The Portland Trail Blazers have repeated the same old story, promising roster, underwhelming returns. Perhaps some trades will be made by the management soon but one thing is clear, the pairing of CJ and Dame has been running short of time.
Host: New Orleans Pelicans
Visitors: Portland Trail Blazers
Match Timing: 22 December, @ 06:30 AM
Venue: Smoothie King Center
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Pelicans: Sturdy Wing and Center, lack of bench depth
New Orleans has a superb combination of Ingram and Valanciunas in the frontline. These two players can wreak havoc through their size. Both are well-adept at scoring, rebounding while Ingram can be used as a playmaker too. Recently, Devonte Graham has become a dependable option late in the game while Josh Hart has had a riveting all-around season. Off the bench, except Nickeil Alexander-Walker, there is no substantial scoring option although a dependable rebounder in Willy Hernangomez. Pelicans may not be deep but they have certainly kept the fight going.
Trail Blazers: Dame is back but is that enough!
Lillard averaged 22 or so for most of the season but in the last two games, finally breached the 30 points and 40 points barrier. It is not surprising he scored that much but what is more surprising is that it happened 30 games into the season. With CJ out, Norman Powell has lodged 20+ points games while Nurkic is up-and-down offensively but can still lodge decent numbers. Robert Covington, Larry Nance, and Nasir Little have given some hope to the frontline but the guard position is highly vulnerable except Lillard and the Trail Blazers have played a three-Forward, one Center, and a PG lineup for most parts recently.
Portland Trail Blazers | New Orleans Pelicans
Games: 31| 31
Wins: 13| 10
Defeats: 18| 21
Portland Trail Blazers vs NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Portland Trailblazers Team News
- CJ McCollum is OUT for the game and can be out indefinitely due to a serious lung issue.
- Cody Zeller is OUT for the game
Trailblazers Expected Starting Five
Wings: PF: Larry Nance Jr. SF: Norman Powell SF: Nasir Little
Middle: C: Jusuf Nurkic
Guards: PG: Damian Lillard
BENCH: Anfernee Simons, Tony Snell, Ben Mclemore, Robert Covington, CJ Elleby, Keljin Blevins, Greg Brown III.
New Orleans Pelicans News
- Zion Williamson is OUT for the game.
- Didi Louzada is OUT for the game
- Kira Lewis Jr. is OUT for the season.
- Daulton Hommes is OUT for the game
Pelicans Expected Starting Five
Wings: SF: Brandon Ingram Jr. , SF: Herbert Jones
Middle: C: Jonas Valanciunas
Guards: SG: Josh Hart, PG: Devonte Graham
BENCH: Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Willy Hernangomez, Garrett Temple, Tomas Satoransky, Naji Marshall, Jaxson Hayes, Trey Murphy III
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Ingram has become one of the most reliable scorers and all-around talent at the wing position. The versatile Forward has been lodging 22-30 points, and 5-10 rebounds/assists on a regular basis these days. He can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 34-47
Damian Lillard (POR )
It’s finally here! It is Dame Time! After struggling to get to the 30s for most of the season, Lillard has lumped two games with 32 points or more which was not a surprise last season. The Guard has led the Trail Blazers from the front and has found his shooting touch.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 40-50
Jonas is one of the most talented scorers and rebounders at the Center position in the league who has helped the Pelicans quite a bit on both ends of the floor. He can constantly lodge over 10 rebounds and over 15 points a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 29-40
Norman has upped his game without CJ in the mix and has hit some key late shots in Portland’s effort. Powell can be entrusted to lodge at least 20 points in most games during recent times.
Devonte has become a clutch player and makes tough shots with the game on the line again and again. The deep-range shooter drained eight triples in his last outing.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 20-33
Jusuf is having a relatively lukewarm season in terms of offensive production but he has picked it up this month. He is averaging close to 15 points and 8 rebounds in the month of December. Scoring-wise this has been his best month this season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 21-33
NOP vs POR DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Josh Hart(NOP) had 11 points, 15 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal in the last game. The above statline indicates what he is all about. Has scored in the 11-15 points range, grabbed 8-15 rebounds, and dished 4-8 assists a game.
- Robert Covington(POR ) had 13 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 blocks, 1 steal in the last game. He is getting a lot of blocks and steals this season.
- Herbert Jones(NOP) had 17 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 1 steal in the last game. Usually scores below 10 points, mainly a defensive presence.
- Nasir Little(POR ) had 12 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal in the last game. He is getting 30+ minutes these days and making a great impact.
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker(NOP) had 12 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal in the last game. Scores in the 12-16 points range.
- Larry Nance Jr(POR ) had 2 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks in the last game. He has been having an impact on defense and rebounds.
- Willy Hernangomez(NOP) had 2 points, 7 rebounds in the last game. Can grab around 7-9 rebounds regularly.
- Anfernee Simons(POR ) had 9 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. Usually hovers in this range.
NOP vs POR Dream11 Team
Lineups will be updated later. Get an idea from the statline above.
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
Since Sony Liv, Star Sports, and Sony Six are no longer telecasting the NBA Regular Season Games or streaming them, an optimal method to follow the action is the NBA League Pass. Either you can acquire annual subscription or pay for the specific game you want to watch. To catch the score, visit the official website of the NBA.