NYK vs ATL Dream11: COVID-19 has played its vicious games again as the Christmas festivities are marked by the absence of some big-time players. Ah, damned COVID! Anyway, the league’s provision to sign replacement players on ten-day deals has kept the season alive as multiple teams get hit by the COVID-19 hoopla.
In this game, two teams surrounded by COVID-19 in New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks battle it out in a classic Eastern Conference battle. Both teams have not been as proficient as last season and they are yet to establish a sustainable rhythm. Knicks have lost 18 out of their 32 games while the Hawks have lost 16 out of their 31 games.
Knicks have seen multiple players struggling shooting-wise and as a result, Kemba Walker fell out of the rotation. But now he is back and he is indeed back with a bang, scoring 44 in the last game. With RJ Barrett, Obi Toppin, and also Immanuel Quickley back in the mix, the Knicks are guaranteed to have more depth.
Hawks have played the last two games without their 25+ points and 10+ assists player Trae Young and frankly they have done well. Reddish and Collins have been the shining ray of hope while the team needs more from Bogdan Bogdanovic. Can the Hawks notch one more without Young after the team beat Joel Embiid and the 76ers?
Host: New York Knicks
Visitors: Atlanta Hawks
Match Timing: 25 December, @ 10:30 PM
Venue: Madison Square Garden
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Knicks: They need a spark
New York Knicks defense allowed the fewest points last season, holding teams under 100 repeatedly. That has changed this season and their defense has been wide open on numerous occasions, as teams have piled up 110 or more. With the defense gone away, the offense hasn’t fulfilled the obligations, still, with Kemba back, there is more semblance in that area. Alec Burks and Evan Fournier need to be more consistent while returnee Barrett also had his shooting struggles, which he needs to put aside. Can the return of Immanuel Quickley give more depth to the currently thin bench with Derrick Rose out for a couple of months?
Hawks: Depleted for this Christmas tussle
Atlanta is missing its key player in Trae Young but John Collins and Cam Reddish have shown some promise in their elevated roles. Delon Wright has made some serviceable contribution handling the ball while Onyeka Okongwu has shown that he can be a key reserve to Clint Capela down the line this season. With Bogdan Bogdanovic back in the hunt, the Hawks have decent shooting but Bogdan has shot poorly in the last two games. Still, this is a team that beat the quarter of Sixers’ Embiid, Curry, Harris, and Maxey, so the Knicks need to tread carefully here.
Atlanta Hawks | New York Knicks
Games: 31| 32
Wins: 15| 14
Defeats: 16| 18
New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
New York Knicks Team News
- RJ Barrett is QUESTIONABLE for the game.
- Immanuel Quickley is DOUBTFUL for the game.
- Kevin Knox II is OUT for the game.
- Derrick Rose is OUT for the game.
- Miles McBride is OUT for the game.
- Nerlnes Noel is OUT for the game.
- Quentin Grimes is QUESTIONABLE for the game.
Knicks Expected Starting Five
Middle: C: Mitchell Robinson PF: Julius Randle
Guards: SG: Alec Burks, SG: Evan Fournier, SG: RJ Barrett
BENCH: Taj Gibson, Jericho Sims, Obi Toppin, Wayne Selden, Miles McBride.
Atlanta Hawks Team News
- DeAndre Hunter is OUT and will return around late December or early January.
- Solomon Hill is OUT and will probably miss the season.
- Trae Young, Onyeka Okongwu, Wes Iwundu, Kevin Huerter, Sharife Cooper, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarot, Clint Capela, Danilo Gallinari are in the COVID-19 protocols.
- Cam Reddish is PROBABLE for the game.
Hawks Expected Starting Five
Wing: Cam Reddish
Frontline: PF: John Collins C: Gorgui Dieng
Guards: SG: Delon Wright SG: Skylar Mays
BENCH: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Lance Stephenson, Jalen Johnson, Malcolm Hill.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Cam Reddish(ATL )
Reddish has picked up his scoring ever since Trae Young got into the COVID-19 protocols. The wing has scored 18, 34 points in the last two games and has been listed as “probable” for this game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-38
Randle has struggled to score in this season compared to last season but he has picked up his scoring output for a week or so now. The big Forward has lodged 20 or more in the last five games while grabbing 6-11 rebounds and dishing usually 3-6 assists a game. He is an option for Star/Pro Player in the Dream11 NBA scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 39-52
John Collins(ATL )
Collins usually takes high-percentage shots and has been an important part of the Hawks setup for some years now. The big has scored 20 or more in three of the last four games, including a 28 points night. He has also clinched 10-12 rebounds a game in those three games too.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 26-41
Walker lost his playing time after struggling to shoot in the initial parts of the season. However, he has launched a barrage on oppositions after getting minutes due to a large number of absentees. The veteran guard has scored 21 or more in the last three games since he has been back in Knicks’ rotation.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 36-57
Alec Burks(NYK )
Burks hasn’t been wholly consistent on the offensive end this month but has the potential to score 20 or go past the mark. Can he replicate the 20 points performance against the Wizards moving forward?
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 20-38
NYK vs ATL Dream11 Lineup Balancers
- RJ Barrett(NYK ) who has cleared the COVID-19 protocols has averaged around 15 points and 6 rebounds this season. He is questionable for this game.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic(ATL ) bagged 15 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists in the last match. Has shot poorly from the field in the last two games but he will turn it around sooner than later.
- Skylar Mays(ATL ) scooped up 14 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal in the last game. Played 30+ minutes for the first time in his career during the last game’s win.
- Delon Wright(ATL ) scooped up 5 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal in the last game. He has dished 4 assists or more in three of the last four games.
- Evan Fournier(NYK ) had 8 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal in the last match. Had scored 20 or more in three straight games before the last game versus the Wizards.
- Mitchell Robinson(NYK ) had 8 points, 3 rebounds in the last game. His numbers and impact are down compared to last season.
- Jericho Sims(NYK ) had 6 points, 6 rebounds in the last game. Expect similar numbers or less.
- Gorgui Dieng(ATL ) scooped up 12 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal in the last game. Has scored 8 or more in two games straight.
NYK vs ATL Dream11 Team
I will update the lineup when there is more clarity regarding rosters.
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
The Christmas time has brought some pleasant games to the Indian viewers. Want to watch the game on TV? Tune into VH1 and MTV to get the rhythm going. For streaming lovers, you can catch the stream on Jio TV and Voot. Buying the NBA League Pass can also give the access to live streaming and full game replay. To follow the score, browse the official website of the NBA.