It has been nearly two years since the last time Kamaru Usman and Colby Covington stepped into the Octagon against one another.
After months of bad blood between the two, they each had the chance to put their grievances with one another on the mat. And on Dec. 14, 2019, it was Usman, winning by a fifth-round TKO that ended the match and defended his title of UFC Welterweight Champion.
These two fighters will head into the Octagon once more on Saturday, with Usman putting his title and 14-fight winning streak on the line against Covington. Since beating Covington, Usman has won three fights, one by KO, another by TKO and another by decision. His most recent fight came against Jorge Masvidal, when he won by knockout on April 24, 2021.
Covington has fought just once since that December 2019 clash, squaring off against Tyron Woodley on Sept. 19, 2020. He beat Woodley by TKO in five rounds.
Sporting News is tracking live fight updates and round-by-round highlights from Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington 2 and the entire UFC 268 card. Follow for complete results from Saturday’s pay-per-view event.
MORE: Sign up to watch the UFC 268 PPV, exclusively on ESPN+
Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington 2 live updates, highlights from UFC 268
(All times Eastern)
Usman and Covington will enter the Octagon at approximately 12 a.m. ET. Live updates will begin at that time.
See below for complete results from the undercard.
UFC 268 results from full card
Rose Namajunas vs. Zhang Weili
This section will be updated when the fight begins.
Justin Gaethje picks up impressive win by unanimous decision against Michael Chandler
Scores: 29-28, 29-28, 30-27
Round 3 (10:35 p.m.): Gaethje absorbs a few early punches, and brings the fight to the floor, but Gaethje turns it around with a front flip. As soon as they’re back up, Gaethje hits him with a left to the head. Chandler tried a few hard hits, but Gaethje connected with a huge right to the head. The two dance around toward the end, but both make it to the decision.
Round 2 (10:34 p.m.): Chandler again comes out throwing a few hard punches, but Gaethje is able to avoid them. Gaethje gets a knockdown on Chandler with an uppercut with about 3:30 left, and he immediately pounces to take advantage. Chandler trying to stay low and avoid taking too many shots, but Gaethje has a good hold on him. Chandler gets his arm off, and Gaethje lets him get up. Chandler gets up and goes right back to throwing a few jabs and a few quick kicks as Gaethje waits for an opening. Chandler dives, but Gaethje dodgers it. Gaethje takes an eye poke and Chandler tries to jump on the chance, but the ref stops it.
Round 1(10:27 p.m.): Chandler has come out in the first round aggressive. He landed a few solid jabs, and eventually, one hard strike from Chandler gets him off balance. Gaethje gets in some punches and an uppercut on Chandler, who appears to be getting a bit worn out as the round is going on. Chandler attempted a flying knee, but Gaetje was able to block it.
10:21 p.m.: Time for the start of the main card.
10:17 p.m.: Chandler was the first to reach the Octagon. Now, Gaethje is heading out.
10:15 p.m.: Walkouts for the first fight of the night starting.
Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo
Round 1 (10:59 p.m.): Quarantillo starts with a few kicks, and then tries to get in a few uppercuts in the first 30 seconds. Burgos body locks Quarantillo at the side of the Octagon. Quarantillo gets out after a few knees to the body. Burgos starting to throw a few more punches toward the midway point of the round, but has been content to fight a bit more defensively. Quarantillo follows a few shots to Burgos by grabbing his leg and bringing him to the side. Quarantillo slips late, and Burgos connects on a right hander as Quarantillo is down.
10:53 p.m.: Fighter introductions starting up for the second fight of the night.
Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
This section will be updated when the fight begins.
UFC 268 start time
- Start time: 6:00 p.m. ET / 3:00 p.m. PT
- Main card (PPV): 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT
- Main event: 12 a.m. ET / 9:00 p.m. PT (approximate)
UFC 268: Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington 2 takes place on November 6 with the prelims kicking the event off at 6 p.m. ET, before the pay-per-view main card begins at 10 p.m. ET. Usman and Covington should enter the Octagon around 12 a.m. ET, depending on the length of the undercard bouts.
How to watch UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2
- TV channels/live stream: ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+
- PPV price: $69.99 (current ESPN+ subscribers)
- PPV price: $89.98 (new subscribers)
The main card for UFC 268 is available in the U.S. on the ESPN+ subscription streaming service for a pay-per-view cost. That portion of the event begins at 10 p.m.
Earlier fights, however, are viewable live on ESPN, the WatchESPN app and, for the early prelims, on UFC Fight Pass.
In Canada, the main card pay-per-view is available on Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, Eastlink, and UFC PPV on UFC Fight Pass.
The PPV price for UFC 268 is $69.99 for current subscribers. New subscribers can pay a bundle price of $89.98 for the UFC 268 pay-per-view and an ESPN+ annual subscription, which offers a savings of over 30 percent.
Click here to learn about the different pricing and bundling options with the ESPN+ platform.
UFC 268 fight card
- Kamaru Usman (c) vs. Colby Covington for Usman’s UFC Welterweight championship
- UFC Women’s Strawweight: Rose Namajunas (c) vs. Zhang Weili for Namajunas’ championship
- Lightweights: Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler
- Featherweights: Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Bantamweights: Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
- Middleweights: Alex Pereira def. Andreas Michailidis via 2nd round TKO (flying knee) (0:18)
- Lightweights: Bobby Green def. Al Iaquinta via 1st round TKO (punches) (2:25)
- Middleweights: Chris Curtis def. Phil Hawes via 1st round KO (punches) (4:27)
- Middleweights: Nassourdine Imavov def. Edmen Shahbazyan via 2nd round TKO (crucifix position, elbows) (4:42)
- Welterweights: Ian Garry def Jordan Williams via 1st round KO (punches) (4:59)
- Heavyweights: Chris Barnett def. Gian Villante via 2nd round TKO (spinning hook kick) (2:23)
- Light Heavyweights: Dustin Jacoby def. John Allan via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Men’s Fetherweight: Melsik Baghdasaryan def. Bruna Souza via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Flyweights: Ode’ Osbourne def. CJ Vergara by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)